But one thing remained: the Bible.
“This Bible did not have one scorch mark on it.”
“The fireman actually came out of the home with tears in his eyes and he said you’re not going to believe this you’ve gotta come see it for yourself," Byrd said.
Courtesy of the Byrd family Since fire on Jan. 8, several community organizations and businesses have donated clothes, school supplies and beds for Byrd and his daughters.
Mans Bible survives devastating home fire, bringing firefighter to tears.
- A man who lives on the Gulf Coast of Alabama said it was a miracle and "sign from God" when his grandfather's Bible survived a Christmas tree fire that destroyed their home.
Byrd and his family are living at a temporary home in Gulf Shores until their home can be rebuilt in Bon Secour.
Scot Byrd, of Bon Secour, lived in the home for more than 20 years.
After forcing entry, the structure was found to be used for storage and empty of any occupants.
A neighboring storage building also has received fire damage.
Around 8:15 this morning, Engine 6, Engine 7, Truck 42, Car 31, Rescue 90, & Heavy Rescue 75 were dispatched to the 2400 block of Plum Steeet on a possible structure fire.
BON SECOUR, Ala. (WALA) - An Alabama man said a Bible that his grandfather gave him survived a devastating house fire, bringing a firefighter to tears.